Weaver Themes Archive Forum

Styling Blockquote

In just a few hours, I was able to migrate to Weaver Xtreme in my Sandbox site.  I must be blind but where are the setting to style the blockquote?  I want blockquotes to have no background shading whatsoever.

Comments

• I am not sure what you mean, a link to the site with specifics about what you mean would help :)
  • You can style blockquote with custom CSS. The default is:

blockquote {
        background:         rgba(128, 128, 128, 0.1);
        border-width:       0;
        border-left:        4px solid rgba(128, 128, 128, 0.4);
        margin:             1.5em;
        overflow:           auto;
        padding:            0 1.5em 1em 1.2em;
    }

blockquote cite {
        font-style:         normal;
        font-weight:        bold;
    }

blockquote p {
        font-style:         italic;
        font-size:          1em;
    }

cite, em, i {
        font-style:         italic;

}

cite {                  /* cite is supposed to be used only in a quote or blockquote */
        border-width:       0;
        display:            block;
        margin-left:        3em;
        margin-top:         .5em;
    }
  • CUstom CSS goes into Main Options > Fonts & Custom > Custom CSS Rule box
  • Okay, custom CSS is required.  Thank you so much for posting the defaults.  Using that, I was able to set up my block quotes and eliminate the background.

Next time I will include a link.  
  • I am trying to do a blockquote that I had styled in Weaver Pro. For some reason, it is not coming out well in Xtreme (has a background color and doesn't pick up any of the styling) and the same goes with the one listed above.

Here is my CSS

blockquote {font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size: 18px; font-style: italic; margin: 0.25em 0; padding: 0.25em 40px; line-height: 1.45; position: relative; color: #383838;}
    blockquote:before {display: block; content: "“"; font-size: 80px; position: absolute; left: -10px; top: -10px; color: #7a7a7a;}
    blockquote cite {color: #999999; font-size: 14px; display: block; margin-top: 5px;float:right;}
    blockquote cite:before {content: "— ";}

You can see it in action here: http://hattiesgarden.com/putting-food/
  • As far as I can see your styling is being applied.

You may want to clear your cache and eventually be more specific

• It works on the Weaver Pro website I gave you. It doesn't work on the Xtreme one. See http://xtreme.littledropup.com/
  • edited March 2015

Your rules are working just fine, you just need to add what you want to change from weaver's (see his post above) which are the left border, the background color and the overflow auto

blockquote {font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size: 18px; font-style: italic; margin: 0.25em 0; padding: 0.25em 40px; line-height: 1.45; position: relative; color: #383838;bacground-color:transparent;overflow:visible;border:none;}

• perfect!

thank you. 
This discussion has been closed.